Former Chief Justice of Karnataka and Kerala High Courts Justice V S Malimath died on 22 December 2015 at Manipal hospital in Bengaluru.
He was 86-years old and survived by wife Prema Devi V Malimath, a son and four daughters.
About V S Malimath
• He was born on 12 June 12 1929, secured first rank in LL.B. and had a post Graduate Diploma in Public International Law from University of London in 1952.
• He commenced practicing in the High Court of Bombay in 1952 and later shifted to Bengaluru in late 1956.
• He was appointed as a Judge in the Karnataka High Court in March 1970. Subsequently, he was appointed as Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court in 1984.
• In 1985, he was later transferred to b
• Post retirement, he was appointed as Chairman of the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT).