Writing a condolence message is not always an easy task mostly because of the deep emotion that is involved in the writing, the writer’s aim is always to pass a sympathy message to the bereaved family and friends, letting them know how much he/she share in their sad feeling of loosing a loved one. In writing this, one needs to be careful in order not to send the wrong message during this sensitive moment, hence this message can serve as a guide to writing one of the best condolence messages.
Messages of condolence:
1. You and your family are in my/our heart/s and mind/s. My/Our condolences on the passing of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.).
2. I/We extend our deepest sympathies to you and your family. May the soul of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) be at peace with our Heavenly Father.
3. We/I can’t imagine what you must be feeling right now, but we/I want you to know that we are just a phone call away if there is anything we can do to help you get through this. My/Our heartfelt condolences.
4. I am honored and blessed to have known your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) He/She was truly a blessing in my/our life/lives and I/we will miss him/her. My/Our condolences.
5. May care and love of those around you provide comfort and peace to get you through the days ahead. My/Our most sincere condolences.
6. Remembering her wonderful and gentle soul will forever remain in our hearts. May she / he rest in peace!
7. A good heart has stopped beating, a good soul ascended to heaven. We part with our beloved grandmother in pain.
8. We will never forget you. We will pray for her as she prayed for us. May God give her eternal rest.
9. We will never forget the image of her gentle and bright face. May God give her eternal rest and the family the strength to bear the great pain.
10. I/We offer you my/our thoughts, prayers and well-wishes during this dark time in your life.
11. It’s terrible to hear about your loss and I/we express my/our sincere sympathy to you and your family, I/we will include your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) in our thoughts and prayers.
12. I/We are deeply saddened by the loss that you and your family have encountered. My/Our hearts go out to you during this trying time and may my/our prayers serve as comfort to you and your loved ones.
13. I/We hope that our Lord brings you and your family the much-needed comfort and peace during this sad time. My/Our condolences to you and your family.
14. May our/my condolences bring you comfort and may our/my prayers ease the pain of this loss.
15. Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember our dearly departed. May the love of family and friends comfort you during these difficult days, our/my most heartfelt condolences.
16. I/We am/are truly sorry to hear of the loss of (insert name of deceased here.). Please accept our condolences and may our prayers help comfort you and hasten the journey of his/her soul to Heaven.
17. May our Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time of grief. Please accept my/our sincere condolences.
18. Please accept our/my condolences, just know that we/I are/am here for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out, especially during this difficult time.
19. My/Our deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. May God give you the comfort and peace that you seek and may the soul of your loved one rest in peace.
20. I/We am/are deeply saddened by the news of your loss. I/We pray that God will grant you the strength needed to get through this moment in your life. My/Our most sincere condolences.
21. My/our heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family. I/We will surely miss the presence of a truly loveable and kind person.
22. I/We are truly sorry for your loss. Your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) will be missed and he/she will never be forgotten, may his/her soul rest in peace.
23. Despite the loss of the physical presence of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) We know that God has assigned him/her to watch over you throughout your life. We/I feel for your loss, our/my most sincere condolences.
24. I/We know that what you are going through right now is very difficult, just know that I/we am/are here for you. I/We am/are truly sorry for your loss.
25. My/Our condolences to you and your family on the passing of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.). I/We know that it is hard to bear right now, but remember that death is only the end of the physical life and the beginning of an eternal life. May my/our friendship and prayers ease you through this difficult time.
26. Words may not suffice to express the heartfelt sorrow that we/I feel for the passing of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) but please accept our/my condolences and we/I will be sure to include him/her in our daily prayers.
27. (insert name of bereaved here), we/I just want you to know that we/I are really sorry to hear about your (insert name of deceased to bereaved here), he/she was a wonderful man/woman and was cherished by everyone who knew him/her. May he/she rest in peace.
28. The loss of someone dear to us is never easy, but may you take comfort in the fact that you are surrounded by people that love and care for you, if there is anything we/I can do, please don’t hesitate to let me/us know. Our/My condolences.
29. In these moments of great ordeal, words are useless … God rest his soul in peace and the angels to always be there with you!
30. Words cannot describe what I am feeling. I give my condolences to the entire family. God rest his soul
Sample Condolence Messages
31. May God forgive and accept his soul into the Garden of Eden, near the throne of whom he seek and loved!
32. May God put him in a special place from where he will be watching us, the people who loved and cherished him!
33. Condolences to the bereaved family. My tears are flowing for a friend, a great man. God rest his soul in peace!
34. A prayer, a flower, a candle and sad tears of pain on your grave, our dear grandmother
35. With a heavy heart we pray for the eternal repose of one who was a man of distinguished humanity.
36. A beautiful soul, full of love and faith, ascended to heaven, away from me, but closer to God, leaving loneliness and sadness. With immense heartache, I break up with my lovely wife.
37. I loved too much and I lost. Today you’re not where you were, but you will always be in our hearts. God rest you in peace and quiet, our dear mother.
38. I/We would like to offer you and your family our deepest and most sincere condolences and may the soul of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here) rest in peace.
39. In this sorrowful time, I/We would like to extend to you my/our heartfelt condolences. May our Lord comfort you and your loved ones.
40. Dear (insert name of bereaved here), I/we am/are terribly sorry to hear about the passing of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.). May my/our condolences bring you consolation and peace during this painful time.
41. (Name of deceased) will be terribly missed. He/She was loved by all of us and he/she will be cherished in our memories forever. Our/My condolences.
42. May the love and mercy of our Lord be bestowed upon you and your family during this unfortunate time. My/our most sincere condolences.
43. May the soul of the dearly departed rest in peace, may my/our prayers help guide him/her on his journey to our Creator.
44. May fond memories of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) bring you comfort during this hard time in your life. Look back on all the good memories you were able to have and smile at the fact that you were able to share these before he/she passed away. My/Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family.
45. At this difficult time in your life, we/I pray that God will grant you the serenity and peace that you need to get through this. Stay strong and know that you are remembered in our/my thoughts and prayers.
46. Please accept my/our heartfelt condolences, words cannot begin to express the sadness you are feeling right now, but I/we am/are here for you and I/we am/are praying for you to get through this. God bless you and may the soul of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) rest in the everlasting peace of Christ Almighty.
47. No one can prepare you for a loss; it comes like a swift wind. But take comfort in knowing that he/she is now resting in the arms of our Lord. Our/My deepest condolences to you and your family.
48. When we lose a loved one here on earth, we gain an angel in heaven that watches over us. May you take comfort in knowing that you have an angel to watch over you now. We/I extend our/my most sincere condolences to you.
49. I/We am/are deeply saddened by the loss of your (insert relationship of bereaved to deceased here). He/she will be truly missed and I/we will include him/her in my/our daily prayers.
50. We/I are/am deeply saddened by the news of (name of deceased) passing. Our/My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.