Senior Telugu actor and dialogue writer Chilukoti Kashi Viswanath passed away on 22 December 2015 following a massive cardiac stroke while travelling in Lokmanya Tilak Express from Hyderabad to Visakhapatnam. He was 69.
Born and brought up in Visakhapatnam, Viswanath had joined the Visakhapatnam Port Trust in 1966 as a clerk.
• He was also involved in sports and stage performances. He was a national weightlifter and won university championships three times.
• He started his writing career in 1968. He has written 122 stories, 28 novels and 43 dramas. He has also acted in 37 movies.
• He started his career as a dialogue writer in 1980 with Ramayanamloo Pidakala Veta. Since then, he worked as a dialogue writer for over 70 films.
• He was awarded the Sahitya Academy award in 1980.
• He also got Nandi awards for his plays Kala Sagar, Manavatvaniki Maro Konam and Trend Marindi.