Noted writer and theatre artiste Chatla Sriramulu passed away on 18 December 2015 at Secunderabad, Telangana following a brief illness. He was 84.
He was a railway employee who hailed from Vijayawada city.
About Chatla Sriramulu
• He was instrumental in the establishment of popular literary and cultural organization Rasaranjani which is dedicated to the field of theatre arts.
• He acted in and directed more than 100 plays and wrote several books on a wide range of subjects.
• He was awarded as the Best Actor twice by Andhra Nataka Kala Parishad and was also a recipient of Union Government’s Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 1982.
• He was the first artiste from Andhra Pradesh to receive Emeritus Fellowship from the Human Resources Department of Union Government.
• He was awarded the certificate of Producer and Teacher by the British Drama League, London in 1970.